Fast-forward several months after I made my first bundt cake, I decided to make a Lemon Bundt Cake since I had several lemons on hand.
The recipe was from the Martha Stewart website. Of course my bundt cake did not turn out as pretty as the one on the website (the recipe does state that if it browns too quickly, tent with aluminum foil), but it sure tasted amazing!
It's definitely one that I'd make again - and maybe next time I'd add on a cream cheese frosting to make it even more decadent!
- 1 c butter, softened
- 3 c flour
- 2 T finely grated lemon zest
- 1/3 c + 1/2 c fresh lemon juice (divided)
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 2 1/2 c + 1/2 c sugar (divided)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 c sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, lemon zest, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine butter and 2 1/2 c sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and 1/3 c lemon juice.
- Stir in flour mixture and sour cream.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for approximately 55 to 60 minutes.
- Cool for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, combine 1/2 c lemon juice and 1/2 c sugar to make lemon syrup.
- Poke holes all over cake, and brush with lemon syrup.
Click here for the original recipe.