recipe I last used since this recipe requires more lemon juice.
So if you like tart, you'll love these lemon bars!
- 2 c flour
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 sticks butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 c sugar
- 1/4 c flour
- 4 large eggs
- Zest juice of 4 lemons
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, and salt.
- Using a pastry cutter, mix in the butter.
- Press mixture into a prepared 9x13 pan and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Mix together the sugar and flour.
- Stir in the eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Pour over baked crust and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate for a few hours of before topping with powdered sugar and cutting into squares.
Click here for the original recipe.