You can easily use a boxed brownie mix and simply add in some cream cheese + sugar, but I decided to use my favorite one-bowl brownie recipe, plus a cream cheese + sugar + egg combination.
And because, as I mentioned, I was craving chocolate, I decided to sprinkle chocolate chips on top!
I love cheesecake and brownies, so I didn't hesitate to eat a piece (or two) as soon as I cut the bars. I could've chilled the bars a little longer before cutting them, but I just couldn't wait to dig in!
- 2 c chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 c butter
- 4 large eggs (1 for cream cheese mixture)
- 1 1/4 c flour
- 1 + 1/3 c sugar (1/3 c for cream cheese mixture)
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl for 90 seconds on high; stir until smooth.
- Wait about 5 minutes until mixture has cooled, then stir in eggs (don't want them to get cooked in the hot butter/chocolate mixture!).
- Stir in flour, sugar, vanilla, and baking soda.
- Spread mixture in prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, 1 egg, and 1/3 c sugar until smooth.
- Spoon dollops of the cream cheese mixture onto the brownie batter and swirl with a knife.
- Sprinkle 1 c chocolate chips.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
- Cool completely and chill for at least two hours before cutting into bars.