Millionaire Bars are basically shortbread, topped with a layer of caramel, then a layer of chocolate.
You probably have most, if not all, of the ingredients in your pantry and fridge!
Next time I'll sprinkle on a little sea salt for that extra special touch.
- 1 c butter (2 sticks), divided
- 1 c flour
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 c chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make shortbread layer by combining flour, sugar, and salt. Take 1 stick of butter and cut into pieces, and combine with flour mixture.
- Press mixture into bottom of 9x9 parchment-lined pan, and bake for approximately 21 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Prepare caramel by melting 1 stick of butter in microwave (approximately 90 seconds on high).
- Pour in sweetened condensed milk, and whisk thoroughly.
- Microwave for approximately 6 to 8 minutes, mixing every 30 seconds (it will eventually look stringy, but once you whisk it thoroughly it will become smooth).
- Pour caramel over shortbread layer, and cool completely.
- Melt 2 cups of chocolate chips in microwave for 60 seconds on high.
- Pour over cooled caramel layer.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before cutting into squares.