There are all sorts of recipes and versions for Monster Cookies, but I simply followed the one that involved ingredients I already had on hand.
The original recipe called for mini M&M's and chocolate chips, but I used regular-sized, and I also omitted the cornstarch from the recipe.
The end result was a peanut-buttery, chocolaty cookie that everyone loved, especially my little monsters.
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 3/4 c flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/4 t baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 1/2 c quick oats
- 1 c chocolate chips
- 1 c M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, brown sugar, and peanut butter.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the oats, chocolate chips, and M&M's.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Let sit for two minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool.