This is a very simple recipe, which utilizes a lot of pantry and fridge staples - sugar, oyster sauce, and shoyu.
I also threw in some chopped walnuts for some added crunch, as well the fact they contain omega-3s and antioxidants.
I thought the end result was yummy, and my middle son even asked for seconds.
It's a great side to serve with just about any meal!
Asian-Style Green Beans
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and washed
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts
- 1 T sugar
- 2 T oyster sauce
- 2 T soy sauce
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute garlic for about a minute.
- Stir in green beans and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Mix in walnuts, sugar, oyster sauce, and soy sauce.
- Cook for 3-5 more minutes.
You can find the original recipe here on Allrecipes.com.