|Photo by KT13944 for Wanderlust Festival|
As you may know, Wanderlust, producer of the largest yoga lifestyle events in the world, is returning to Turtle Bay Resort to celebrate the fifth anniversary of Wanderlust O’ahu. Headlined by yoga superstars Eoin Finn, Janet Stone, Gerry Lopez, Nicki Doane and Noah Maze, the four-day festival, taking place February 23 – 26, 2017, gives attendees new ways to enjoy Hawaii’s best yoga party and choose their own adventure from a variety of activities including live music, meditation, surfing, paddle boarding, eco-kayaking, explorative hikes, running treks and fine dining.
So, what’s new and not-to-be-missed at Wanderlust O’ahu 2017?:
- FitFlow: Coming to Wanderlust Oahu for the first time, FitFlow is a total-body experience combining yoga with high intensity interval training HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). Join Briohny Smyth and MacKenzie Miller as they lead beginner, intermediate, and advanced classes throughout the weekend.
- Tennis Clinics: Join tennis experts Rajeev Daat and Jade Griffin to learn how to perfect your game. These clinics are a great opportunity to build solid technique and to learn new skills, with some of the best teachers on the North Shore.
- Soulscape Classes— This yoga practice accompanied by our DJs powerful, exclusive playlists is designed to dissolve hardened boundaries and unwind the tension. Classes devoted entirely to the music of Moby and Coldplay are on this year’s roster.
- Speakeasy Talks: Get inspired by our lecture program featuring today's thought leaders: Keegan Kuhn, co-director of the award-winning documentary film "Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret" will discuss compassionate and practical ecology; Katie Wilcox, founder and CEO of Healthy Is The New Skinny, and Natural Model Management will provide a toolkit for ditching diet culture and redefining beauty, Christa Whittmier will share the natural therapies that worked for her to beat cancer—and how anyone can live each day to the fullest.
- Wanderlust Concert Series: Revel in a wide variety of musical performers in myriad settings, from the epic main stage at the Kuilima Point Lawn overlooking the ocean to intimate pop-up shows throughout the festival. Experience live performances featuring the sounds of Griz, Allen Stone, Eric Krasno, Mike Love, Ron Artis II, Son Little, DJ Drez, DJ Taz Rashid, Jesse Blake, Paul Izak, DJ Melody Jay, Tavana and more.
- Japanese Shibori Dyeing: Learn folded, tied, and bound resist techniques to create your own beautiful indigo-dyed scarf. All natural plant based indigo will be used for the workshop.
- Meditation Experiences: Coming to Wanderlust Oahu for the first time is the internationally esteemed master, Davidji. In our seaside meditation venue known as “The Quiet Place,” relax to the sound of ocean waves for meditation sessions unlike any other.
- Wanderlust Pool Party: Swim and shimmy to the sweet beats of the renowned DJ Drez and Christa Whittmier at The Point Pool Bar while watching dramatic sunsets and surfers catching the last waves of the day.
- Believe in Your Gut Yoga: Hosted by Tropicana Probiotics Learn how to reinforce your mind-body connection while boosting gut health, creating movement in and around your organs to help detoxify the system and build core strength.
- adidas x Wanderlust Co-Branded Collection: The 42 piece line, including, tanks, tights, graphic tees, hoodies and more will be available on site at Wanderlust Oahu. With a color palette inspired by the active calm found in yoga practice, the line features meditative neutrals like grey and cream alongside pops of coral.
- Sunday Brunch: In addition to our Beachside BBQ and our Sea-To-Table Dinner, this year we add brunch to Wanderlust’s one-of-a-kind food experiences. There’s no better way to rejuvenate after a long weekend of asana, dance and outdoor recreation than a Sunday brunch, prepared by our Executive Chef Kevin Callaghan and served family style at beautiful Kawela Bay. Including libations, live music from Ron Artis II and Thunderstorm, and the serene landscape that is Turtle Bay.
Attendees will enjoy unique experiences curated by a number of Wanderlust partners including:
- adidas, will host a one-of-a kind, immersive onsite activation to engage in attendee-led experiences, enabling them to embed more sport into their day and create their best selves at all US-based events. Curated adidas apparel also will be sold at each event.
- Aveda, will present the Beauty Bar, a space for relaxation and rejuvenation. Stop by for quick yogi-friendly hairstyles from their experts, experience Aveda’s wellness rituals of renewal, and find aromas that help bring balance to the body through Aveda’s selection of naturally-derived (from plants, non-petroleum minerals or water) products that help connect beauty, environment and well-being.
- Tropicana Probiotics will inspire attendees to believe in their guts by participating in gut health-focused yoga flows and sampling all-new probiotic products at the Kula Marketplace. Yoga classes will explore core work and twists to reinforce the mind-body connection and care for the center of our bodies: the gut.
About Turtle Bay Resort
Located on Oahu’s breathtaking North Shore known for legendary surf, the 850-acre Turtle Bay Resort offers 30 percent more space for adventure than all of Waikiki. Following the completion of a $52 million multi-phased renovation in 2016, the resort now showcases 410 refreshed, all ocean-view guest rooms and suites plus 42 newly-designed oceanfront beach cottages, as well as an upgraded lobby and cultural gallery, seven restaurants and bars, an 11,000-square-foot spa and expanded fitness center with new wellness programming, an elevated beach experience and two swimming pools. This expansive beach resort features dynamic ocean and land adventures through its on-property helicopter pad, horse stables, tennis courts, two golf courses, 15 miles of hiking and mountain biking trails, daily fitness and wellness classes, off-road Segway tours, surf school, water adventures including eco-kayaking, and much more . For more information, please visit www.turtlebayresort.com.
Wanderlust Holdings, LLC is a global yoga lifestyle company. It encompasses Wanderlust Festival, the largest multi-day yoga and music festivals in the world; Wanderlust 108, a one-day “mindful triathlon” taking place in urban parks across the world; Wanderlust Hollywood, a 10,000 square foot community center in Los Angeles, CA; Wanderlust Media, a fully integrated multi-platform digital interface; Wanderlust Yoga, a re-imagination of the yoga studio experience; and the Wanderlust Teacher Training, a yoga teacher training program inspired by the Wanderlust festival experience. The company was founded in 2009 as a joint venture between Velour Music Group, C3 Presents and Starr Hill Presents. For more information, please visit http://wanderlust.com