I simply took some flour tortillas and cut them into fourths, layering them in the bottom of a 9x13 pan (I used 3 small tortillas total for the bottom layer).
I then spread some refried beans onto the tortillas, and then some chicken that I cooked in taco seasoning. I sprinkled on some cheddar cheese, then repeated the tortillas, refried beans, chicken, and cheese layers.
I topped off the casserole with bottom-of-the-bag tortilla chips, more cheddar cheese, and olives.
I baked for 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
I didn't have any sour cream, but I did have guacamole, which was a great finishing touch, along with some chopped green onions.
Chicken Tortilla Casserole
- 6 small flour tortillas cut into fourths
- 1 16 oz can of refried beans
- 1 pound chicken, cubed and cooked according to directions with 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 c tortilla chips, crushed
- 1/4 c sliced olives
- guacamole and green onions to garnish (optional)
- Layer half of the flour tortillas on the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Spread with half of the refried beans
- Top with half of the chicken and half cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Repeat tortillas, beans, chicken, and cheese layers.
- Top with crushed tortilla chips, remaining cheddar cheese, and olives
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Serve with guacamole and green onions.