When I do remember about the pumpkin, I end up making cookies or muffins.
Recently I decided to make pumpkin bread.
Since the original recipe made two loaves and I only had one loaf pan, I ended up baking one loaf and a pan. I guess you could consider the pan version a cake!
Either way, the bread (cake) came out moist and fluffy. Perfect for a snack, dessert, or even breakfast!
- 2 c flour
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 t ground nutmeg
- 2 c sugar
- 1-1/2 sticks butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15-oz can 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 c chopped walnuts
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1/4 t vanilla
- 1 T milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and ground nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar.
- Mix in eggs.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pans (2 loaf pans, or I used 1 loaf pan and 1 9x9 pan).
- Top with chopped walnuts
- Bake for approximately 60-70 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk.
- Drizzle on bread / cake when done baking.
Original recipe can be found here on Once Upon a Chef.