I figure inspiration will eventually hit me.
Well, I actually forgot that I bought the cans of pumpkin. Thanksgiving came around, and I ended up making these Cranberry Cream Cheese Bars.
It wasn't until I saw Nadia post a bunch of Pumpkin goodies on Instagram did I remember I had pumpkin too!
Since my kids are always ravenous when they get home from school (and they are sick of all the leftover candy we still have from Halloween!!), I decided to make muffins.
The muffins were so scrumptious! I loved that the pumpkin flavor was not too strong, and I purposely did not mix the cheesecake mixture until smooth - I love cheesecake and I wanted to bite into chunks of that creamy goodness. So delish!
I don't normally like sweets for breakfast (I'm more of an eggs & bacon kinda gal), but I often found myself eating these Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins for breakfast!
Next time I'm making a double batch so I can freeze some!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- 1 3/4 c flour
- 1 T pumpkin pie spice
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 15 oz can pure pumpkin (I bought those gigantic 29 oz cans, so I simply used 1/2 of the large can)
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 t vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the flour mixture, and stir until combined.
- Fill paper-lined muffin tins 3/4 full.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until smooth (or if you like chunks of cheesecake like I do, stir until just combined)
- Top each muffin with about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture and use a toothpick to swirl the cream cheese and muffin batter.
- Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes.
If you want to make mini muffins, just bake for 10-13 minutes in a mini muffin pan.
Original recipe found here on The Novice Chef.