I love breakfast for dinner, and I recently made a Hash Brown Casserole one night for dinner.
I made some changes to the original recipe based on ingredients I had on hand, and the end result was still delicious.
It was super easy to make, and it would be a great casserole to prep ahead of time (without the topping).
You could even make this the night before a big brunch!
Hash Brown Casserole
- 1 20 oz pkg. shredded hash browns
- 1 can (10.75 oz) cream of mushroom soup
- 2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 c sour cream
- 1/4 c chopped onion
- 1/4 c butter, melted
- 1 1/2 c potato chips, crushed
- 2 T butter, melted
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 9x9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together the hash browns, soup, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, onion, and butter.
- Spread evenly into prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl stir together potato chips and butter. Pour over hash brown mixture.
- Top with bacon.
- Bake 1 hour or until hash browns are tender.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
Original recipe found here on Simply Potatoes.