The original recipe called for just 1 c of pecan halves, but I'd use 2 the next time I make these (1 c did not seem to be enough).
Also, instead of heating the butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan, I was too lazy to do so, and I just microwaved the butter and brown sugar for 2 minutes on high.
The end result was a toffee-like center sandwiched between chocolate and a buttery crust.
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 1/2 c packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 2 c pecan halves
- 2/3 c butter
- 1 c chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together the flour, 1 c brown sugar, and 1/2 c butter.
- Pat mixture evenly onto bottom of parchment-lined 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle pecans evenly over mixture.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat 2/3 c butter and 1/2 c brown sugar 2 minutes on high.
- Pour mixture evenly in pan, covering pecans.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Let stand 2 to 3 minutes; spread melted chocolate evenly on bars.
You can find the original recipe here on Allrecipes.com.