The aroma was amazing, and the kids absolutely loved this special breakfast treat (since usually they just eat cereal or toast).
The best part is that you can prep it ahead of time, and in the morning you just bake it!
You can use any type of sliced bread, but the guava bread really adds a nice flavor (and color!).
- 1/2 c butter, melted
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 1 T ground cinnamon
- 8 slices La Tour Bakehouse Guava Bread (or 12 slices regular sandwich bread)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 c milk
- Spread melted butter on 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle evenly on bottom of pan.
- Arrange bread in two layers over brown sugar mixture (cut slices as necessary to fit).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Pour mixture over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Bake in the 350-degree Fahrenheit oven for approximately 30 minutes.
You can find the original recipe here on Allrecipes.com.