I love Golden OREOs. They are my favorite kind of OREO!
It's dangerous when I have a package of Golden OREOs in the house - I could easily devour the entire thing. Not in one sitting, of course, but I hardly ever have them in the house because I love them so much!
However, I recently gave in and bought a package, and to ensure I don't eat the entire package myself, I decided to make some Golden OREO Cheesecake Bars, which required the use of almost the entire package of OREOs!
I'm sure I could've used all of the OREOs, but I wanted to save a few just so I could indulge on later...
My family loved the bars!
Golden OREO Cheesecake Bars
- 20 Golden OREOs, crushed
- 2 T butter, melted
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 c sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 T sour cream
- 1½ t vanilla extract
- 10 OREOs, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine crushed OREOs and butter.
- Press onto bottom of parchment-lined 8x8 baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Stir in the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Fold 3/4 of the chopped OREOs, then pour the batter over the prepared crust. Top with remaining chopped OREOs.
- Bake for approximately 40 to 50 minutes.
- Let cool at room temperature, then refrigerate for at least an hour before cutting into bars.