Now that I have an Instant Pot, I decided to try making it in the pressure cooker instead of baking it in the oven like I usually do.
The dish turned out great - the rice was really creamy and buttery (reminded me a bit of risotto).
I once again used frozen chicken, and the overall time (pressurize, cook, release) turned out to be about an hour.
Whether you bake the chicken in the oven or cook it in the Instant Pot, it will turn out yummy!
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 c butter, melted
- salt & pepper to season
- 1 pkg dry onion soup mix
- 1 10.75 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c uncooked white rice
- 2 c water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, pour in melted butter.
- Pour rice into pan.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, and place in baking dish, atop rice.
- Sprinkle with onion soup mix, add mushroom soup, and pour in water.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour.
- Place rice, chicken, salt, pepper, butter, soup mix, mushroom soup, and water (in that order) in Instant Pot. Set timer for 25 minutes. When done cooking, do a natural release for 10 minutes. Quick release any remaining pressure.