The next time I made it, I decided to split the recipe in half, so instead of one thick multi-layered pan of baked spaghetti, I baked two pans of baked spaghetti with less layers, and froze one for later.
This recipe will definitely be cooked up a lot in my kitchen this year!
- 1 (16 oz) pkg spaghetti
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (32 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 c shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
Original recipe found here on Allrecipes.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions and drain.
- Cook beef and onion until meat is browned (approximately 7 to 10 minutes).
- Drain meat mixture.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce and salt.
- Whisk eggs, Parmesan cheese, and butter in a large bowl. Toss spaghetti in mixture.
- Place half the spaghetti mixture into bottom of prepared baking dish, then top with mozzarella and meat sauce.
- Repeat all layers.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 20 minutes. .