Last week my hubby came home with a bag of mangoes that he had received from someone at work. I initially thought about making mango cream cheese squares, but since I didn't have all the ingredients (and it's not as easy for me to run to the market now that I have two lil boys), I decided to make mango bread instead. I found a easy recipe on the internet that called for minimal ingredients.
The link to the original recipe is here: http://www.kuliacooks.com/2012/04/hawaiian-style-mango-bread.html
Hawaiian Mango Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups diced mango - 1 cup finely chopped, the rest in bigger chunks.
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray two (2) 9x5 loaf pans non stick baking spray
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil and eggs
- Stir in the melted butter
- Add the vanilla
- Fold in the dry mixture
- Fold in mango
- Pour batter in the 2 prepared loaf pans
- Let it stand for 10 minutes (I forgot to do this!)
- Bake for approximately 1 hour (when toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean)
- Remove from oven and cool for about 10 min.